The Floral Fragrances You Need For Spring


It was definitely a 'perfumes' Christmas for me this year. I'm not really a gadgets person and so instead I've had a lot of fun trying out some new fragrances from different brands. These are the three standout scents on my dressing table that I've been spritzing endlessly this January and I thought a spring perfumes post would be fun to write. All three fragrances are quite floral and would make a gorgeous spring scent. Florals for spring? Groundbreaking, I hear you say. Some things are beautifully predictable. 


Firstly, Marc Jacob's Lola has to win the prize for prettiest bottle, right? After falling in love with Dot, I thought it was about time to try out something else in the MJ family and it just so happened that Lola was in the Douglas sale. A classic favourite, Lola has top notes of pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby grapefruit. The 'heart notes' are fushia peony, rose and geranium. It's a perfect mix of floral with a fruity twist and I find that it works as both a daytime and an evening fragrance.

Moving onto my first ever Jo Malone cologne... Peony and Blush Suede. I spent so long picking out which scent to put on my Christmas list and it was an endless battle between Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Wild Bluebell and Peony and Blush Suede. It has a gorgeous lingering fresh feel to it and I'm going to try and use it sparingly. 

Finally, as a surprise on Christmas day I received a fragrance from Penhaligon's London which I had admired in Harrods over summer. Penhaligon's is an English vintage perfumery established in 1870 which has a very special store experience. Ellenisia is described as a very 'princess' style perfume and that is definitely reflected in the bottle and packaging. The base notes are nectar and vanilla and there is also a hint of sweet plum. Another fruity floral option, I am spoilt for choice when it comes to adding the final touch to my outfit.

Although I doubt I'll be buying another perfume for a very long time, I've also been interested in Giorgio Armani Si and Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt. I wouldn't necessarily class them as floral so that's justified, right?


Which pefumes have you been loving this January?

xxx

Post a Comment