My Highlight Heroes


The words 'highlighting' and 'strobing' seem to be everywhere in the beauty world these days. You can't read the Glamour beauty pages without seeing tips to achieve a glowy dewy complexion. For oily / combination girls such as myself, powder highlighters aren't always as effective and long-lasting which is why I tend to prefer liquid and cream highlighting products when I want to add a little shine. There are three products that have impressed me in this category and I name them my 'Highlight Heroes'. 

Firstly, the YSL Touche Éclat is a classic under-eye and cheekbone highlighter which many people have mistaken for a concealer - and thus been disappointed. Beauty fanatics know this product well due it's cult-status and luxury gold packaging. This is probably my third tube of the Touche Éclat and although I admit it's quite expensive, I tend to restock at Christmas time or my birthday. If you're looking for a budget dupe however, I've heard positive reviews of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique pen.


Next we have the MAC Creme Colour Base in Shell. Most beauty bloggers recommend the shade Pearl however I like Shell because it is closer to a light blush colour. In some lights it looks like more of a warm champagne tone but when it's applied all you can see is the highlight. I use this on my cheekbones after I've applied a powder blush and it sets very nicely. Cream Colour Bases are fab because they're multi-purpose and can also be used under eye-shadow to make metallic colours really pop.


Thirdly, I'm a big fan of Benefit's High Beam. I discussed this in my Benefit Top Ten post and it's popular for a reason. It's a cool-toned pink liquid highlight that  blends in beautifully on top of foundation and adds the finishing touch to any makeup look. I love to pair it with Rockateur or Sugarbomb.


What are your Highlight Heroes?

xxx

Post a Comment