Spring MAC Haul

2016 is already flying by so quickly and I feel like I haven't had a minute to catch my breath. Lots of exciting things will be happening this month and next so make you're following me on Bloglovin to keep updated. I won't give too much away today but there have been many reasons to celebrate so I've been treating myself here and there to a few MAC products, hence this nice little collective haul.





The first thing I bought from MAC this year was at Harvey Nichol's in Leeds and it's the Cream Colour Base in Shell. Cream Colour Bases are a multi-purpose product that can be used as a sheer wash of colour on the eyelids or as a cream highlight on the cheekbones. I picked Shell rather than Pearl because it is slightly more pink-toned and looks a bit more natural. Highlighting is a fairly new thing for me but I've written a post about my favourite highlighting products which will be coming up on the blog soon. In the swatch above, Shell is at the top.

A few weeks later in Hannover, I picked up a Frost finish eyeshadow in Satin Taupe. It's one of the most popular shades sold by MAC and I've recently been wearing it over the No7 Shade and Define Eye Crayon in Cool Mink. The colours match perfectly and it's a great eye look for both day time and evening.

Last week I was lucky enough to fly back to England to visit my boyfriend and it just so happens that there was a MAC store at Birmingham Duty Free! The assistant was so helpful and with the discount I just couldn't resist buying the Paint Pot in Bare Study and the Satin lipstick in Snob. Snob is a 'sister shade' to Creme Cup as it's a beautiful nude pink but it has a slight violet tint to it. I find that it looks quite nice with my skin tone as it's probably more suited to paler complexions. As it's a Satin finish however, you have to keep your lips smooth and conditioned before you apply it and my tip is to use the Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub and tonnes of Vaseline. The Paint Pot in Bare Study is a product I wish I'd bought a long time ago because it has ended my search for the perfect eyeshadow primer. I wear metallic eyeshadows on a daily basis and this is the perfect champagne shade to wear under other eyeshadows or even alone.

Finally I decided to make a daring choice while shopping in Kassel last weekend and I bought the infamous MAC Rebel lipstick. It's the most 'out there' lip colour I own but it can be muted down if you want a more subtle berry stain. Although it's definitely more of an Autumn Winter shade, I think Spring can handle it too.

What are your Spring Essentials from MAC?

xxx

Post a Comment