Checking Out a By Terry Dupe



We've all heard of the By Terry Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadow sticks at some point or another. They sound beautifully blendable and perfectly encased in gorgeous gold packaging. I was sold until I saw the £29 price tag in Space NK. As much as I'd love to invest in one, I think there are other high end beauty products I'm more interested in at the moment. So when I heard Alix from I Covet Thee mention an Ombre Blackstar dupe from the UK drugstore, I had to check it out. Enter the No7 Shade and Define pencils which I bought in three shades - Glistening Ray, Pink Pearl and Cool Mink.



These pencils are perfect for on the go, in a small but wearable colour selection and they retail at £8 (excluding No7 vouchers and 3 for 2 offers). In terms of quality, you have to be quick to blend them but when they do set, they don't move. I love applying Cool Mink as a base shade and then using MAC's Satin Taupe for an extra dimension of colour. The pencils start out with a pointed tip but round out the more you use it so if you prefer a sharpened edge, there's a little sharpener hidden at the bottom of the product - genius! My only little gripe is that they can be quite difficult to get off but if you ask for long-wearing, it's part of the price you have to pay! I haven't tried an oil-based eye makeup remover with it but that might be the solution. Nevertheless, I'm really impressed with the pigmentation and I'm glad I didn't go for the pricier alternative. I bought these pencils in January time which means I haven't broken my 'March makeup spending ban' which I might write a post about if it's something people would like to read. 


What are your favourite cream eyeshadow sticks?

xxx

If you liked this post, make sure you check out my February Favourites and My Current Eyeshadow Palette Obsessions.

Post a Comment