Four Haircare Favourites - L'Oreal and Lee Stafford


During March I went on a Makeup Spending Ban so naturally I turned to other things to check out whenever I was out shopping. As I've recently had my hair highlighted at Vidal Sassoon, I wanted to refresh my haircare collection and I've found a few new favourites I'd like to share with you today! Some of the product names are in German as I'm living in Berlin but I promise they're all available elsewhere in Europe.

- I mentioned the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay Pre-shampoo treatment in my March Favourites but to recap I absolutely love this stuff! You apply the green gelly-like paste directly to your scalp five minutes before you hop in the shower and this time allows it to work its magic. The colour is very strong so make sure you avoid getting it on your clothes or leaving it too long on your hair but I promise it's worth the effort. The product is designed as a treatment for oily roots but for me I think it works more of an Anti-Dandruff treatment as it exfoliates the scalp and leaves it refreshed. It prevents visible flakes and that horrible tight feeling after you've washed your hair. So if you're looking to prevent oily roots I don't think this is the wonder product you're after. 

- I also really like the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay Anti-Dandruff Shampoo when I want a double dose of the clay ingredients. It smells lovely and isn't as strongly pigmented as the treatment. The range is aimed at people with oily roots, visible flakes and dry ends which is something I haven't seen before - nice going L'Oreal!

- When I went to the hairdresser, I was advised to start using a shampoo specifically for colour treated hair. I tried out the mini size of the Vidal Sassoon Illuminating Shampoo and although I do like it, I wanted to find something a little more purse friendly at the drugstore. The L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise EverPure Colour Care & Moisture Shampoo was my solution and it really does tick all the boxes. It's sulphate free and enriched with botantical rosemary and juniper oils for ultimate nourishment. On other reviews I've seen people complain about the fragrance but I really don't find it that offensive. You can always check it out before you buy so don't be put off! I can't really comment on how it helps maintain coloured hair but I can confirm it makes it very soft and nourished. I'll definitely be buying the accompanying conditioning mask at some point.

- For pre-styling I've been turning to the Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist recently. I'm quite particular about heat protection sprays as I find the cheap ones either have very bad pumps or can often leave the hair quite sticky. This one covers the hair lightly and leaves it soft, shiny and smelling sweet. 

What are your haircare favourites from the drugstore?

xxx

Post a Comment