MAC Blogger Favourites: Worth the Hype?

MAC Lipstick, MAC Eyeshadow, MAC Paint Pot, bare study, rebel, creme cup, snob, satin taupe, all that glitters


If you've been reading my blog lately or follow me on Instagram, you'll know I've been having a bit of a 'MAC moment' recently. I can't seem to pop by a MAC counter without convincing myself I need something, and the frequent new launches do not help. Today's post is about a few 'blogger favourite' products that I've bought over the past year and whether I think they live up to their status and hype. 

Starting with the lipsticks, I have three that are quite well-known in the beauty world and they vary in colour and finish. My first MAC lipstick was Creme Cup, a gorgeous suit-all baby pink in a creamsheen finish. As you can tell, I've nearly finished the whole tube so it's a definite thumbs up from me. I recommend it to everyone for a perfect everyday universally flattering pink lipstick.

The lipstick I bought to replace Creme Cup was Snob - a satin finish that when swatched looked very similar. Unfortunately on the lips it is very light and quite hard to wear. For lighter skintones I think it would be better to go for Creme Cup as pale lipsticks can really wash me out sometimes! I'm still experimenting with lipliners but I wouldn't say Snob is something I love. 

Another lipstick I wasn't too jazzed about was Rebel. Again, it's a satin finish so it's not going to be as moisturising as the creamsheen equivalents. The dark berry colour is gorgeous but as takes time and effort to apply, I think I'll save it for Autumn Winter when plum tones are everywhere and I'm prepared to make the effort. 

I have three powder eyeshadows from MAC and the two that are always hyped about are All that Glitters and Satin Taupe. All That Glitters is a peachy champagne shade that I mentioned in My MAC Duo post (with swatches). It completely lives up to the hype and it looks stunning on its own with some liquid eyeliner and lashings of mascara. If you wanted to smoke it up a bit, Satin Taupe is a smoky grey shade that looks good with any skin or eye colour and is one of my most-used eyeshadows. 

The one Paint Pot I own by MAC is Bare Study - a shimmery gold tone that works amazingly under eyeshadows. The texture is really lovely and easy to apply, making it my best friend when I'm rushing my makeup in a morning. As much as I want to say I prefer the drugstore dupes, I can really see the quality here. 



Were any of your MAC purchases inspired by bloggers?

xxx   

Post a Comment