The Weekend Makeup Menu - Rose Gold & Copper Hues

nars, eyeshadow, benefit, hoola, rockateur, velvet teddy, mac, soap and glory

Since purchasing the NARS Hammamet palette, I have been obsessed with rose gold and copper hues when it comes to makeup. I never thought shades like this would suit me but it turns out that in order to pull off certain colours, you just have to experiment with other aspects of your makeup. In this case, I worked out that a copper / rose gold eye look only really looks good (on me) with thick black eyeliner, lots of mascara, bold brows and a nude lip. I've been wearing this makeup combination quite frequently at work as well as weekends and even though it isn't the most summery colour scheme, I think the shades look good all year round. 


Starting with the NARS palette, I used the rose gold shade all over the lid with a Real Techniques Bold Metals oval shadow brush. I sometimes use MAC's Paint Pot in Bare Study as a base if I want to make the colour even more metallic and long-lasting. I then went in with the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner and the Benefit They're Real mascara. For brows I used Benefit's Gimme Brow but I definitely used more product than usual to create a natural but full brow effect. I'm so excited about the new Benefit Brow collection and I just know I'll be picking up a few things come launch date..

The Benefit Hoola Bronzer is the best matte bronzer I've tried and it really makes the coppery eye makeup pop. The key to bronzer is to use it sparingly and blend well so you don't end up looking like an orange! The best bronzing tip I've picked up from the beauty world is to pick up a small amount of bronzer on your brush, tap off the excess and draw a 'figure of 3' shape on each side of your face until you're happy with your natural-looking new tan. After that I use the Benefit Rockateur blush which is a gorgeous rose gold shade with a hint of shimmer to act as a subtle highlight. For more photos you can read about it my post The Blush Edit.



My new favourite lip duo is MAC Velvet Teddy with a little of the Soap and Glory Pink Up Girl lipstick mixed in - to read more about Soap and Glory, I posted a haul earlier this week. As much as I love Velvet Teddy, it's a little too brown for me so I add a some pink on top to make it my perfect nude. 



What's on your weekend makeup menu?

xxx

Post a Comment