The Highlighter Round-Up

Ever since the Becca collaboration with Jacyln Hill, the beauty world has gone crazy for highlighters. Whether it's the powder, liquid or cream formulas that float your boat, there really is something for everyone. This post is about my current highlighter collection which is a bit of an update from my post from February My Highlight Heroes. I've tried out so many new highlighters in the past five months from a range of brands and it's now a new step in my makeup routine.

MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle is a gorgeous champagne rose gold powder highlighter that is perfect for summer. It's a cult product and very similar to Becca's Champagne Pop - only slightly cheaper. Soft and Gentle is £24 (20 at duty free) for 10g, compared to £32 for 8g for CP. I've also heard many stories of Becca highlighters being smashed during travel so even if you do invest there's no guarantee it will survive long! Soft and Gentle seems to be well packaged and I've been fine taking it on flights so far. 

For cream highlighters I am a big fan of Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter (in a mini size here - it's usually in a stick form) and MAC's Cream Colour Base in Shell. Watt's Up is another champagne shade that looks gorgeous on most skintones and Shell is a glittery cool tone that can also be used as an eyeshadow. 

The NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam was something I wanted to try after I'd heard comparisons to the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana. Unfortunately the formula was a little too thick and glittery for me and a little hard to blend. If you're looking for something of a similar price point (£7) I'd definitely recommend the travel size of the MAC Strobe Cream (£10, also cheaper at duty free) for a more natural finish. It's a cool pearl shade that you can either apply to the high points of your face (only a small amount) or you can even mix it in with your foundation. A new holy grail product for summer and because it's a moisturizing formula it's great for dry skin types too.

What are your favourite highlighters?

xxx

Post a Comment