High End Birthday Beauty Haul

Since I've been home from my year abroad in Germany, I've been getting a little spendy in the makeup department. It was my 21st birthday at the end of June and a few of these were either presents or bought with birthday money. As a student, there's no way I could normally buy all these products within the same month so I really thought about which products would be worth the money and be investment pieces in my makeup bag. 

As soon as the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette was announced around Easter time, it shot to the top of my birthday list. I was lucky that my mum was on the ball and managed to get hold of it before it sold out because I knew it was going to be extremely popular. But fear not, according to ReallyRee, Charlotte's bringing it back in her Christmas collection. The palette retails at £49, my most expensive makeup item ever, but for what the palette contains I think it's actually great value. For a CT newbie such as myself, you can try out 3 eyeshadows, two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter. It's perfect for travel and as you can tell, I've made a lot use out of it on a recent holiday to Mallorca. All the shades are really wearable, high quality, pigmented and blend like a dream. Charlotte, when are you bringing out some more colours? I'd love to see some smokey shades. 




As another birthday present, I received a gift card from Space NK and couldn't wait to get down there and swatch some NARS goodness. I eventually got my heart set on the Limited Edition Powder Blush in Orgasm. This peachy gold toned shade is universally flattering and unsurprisingly the top selling blush product in the US. This limited edition compact is a bigger size to the standard one so I won't be finishing it anytime soon.


With the purchase of the Charlotte Tilbury palette, I managed to get a few samples of the Magic Foundation and after a lot of deliberation over which shade I'd be, I ended up buying Fair 4. I don't think this will be one of my holy grail foundations but I think it gives a nice coverage and an even finish when used with a beauty blender. I'll definitely be using this on special occasions but not every day because it costs an eye-watering £29.50.


 Finally onto brow products, I decided to up my brow game by buying the new Benefit KaBrow and the newly repackaged Gimme Brow in shade 1. I've been using Gimme Brow every day for over a year and I can confirm the new one is just as brilliant. It is a tinted brow gel that mimics the look of real hairs to create a natural every day brow look. KaBrow is a cream pomade-style formula, very similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade, and you use the hidden brush to draw over your brows, giving them more shape and definition. At the moment I've been enjoying using these two products together, using the KaBrow for colour and shape and the Gimme Brow as a setting gel. 

What are your favourite high end beauty products?

xxx

Post a Comment